- Diana Glover
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Quaker rolled oats
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter
- 4 cups (950 ml) diced rhubarb
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Mix flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, and melted butter until crumbly.
- Press half of these crumbs into a buttered 8 inch pan.
- Cover with rhubarb.
- Combine white sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla in saucepan.
- Cook until thick and clear.
- Pour over rhubarb and top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Serve warm with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream...but also really good served cold with whipped cream.
- I have used this recipe for years (and years) and can't remember where it originally came from. My guess would be Minnesota since that's where I learned to cook.