- Mrs. Wiggs
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- Mix cornbread according to package directions.
- Heat non-stick skillet till hot.
- Pour in enough oil to lightly coat bottom of skillet.
- Pour in about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of batter to make pancake; make 3 pancakes at a time.
- When bubbly on top and brown on bottom turn cakes over.
- Cook until bottoms are brown.
- Repeat with rest of batter.
- Serve with butter and/or honey.
- My mom always made this when I was a kid and her mother before her(though she made her own mix, stump up.)
These make a good breakfast sandwich with a slice of ham and a hard-fried egg.
It's good served with pork or ham.