- Add a green salad and you have a meal
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) self-rising cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 can cream style corn
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk, more or less for pourable batter
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 or more jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground meat
- Preheat over to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix cornmeal, flour, cream style corn, eggs, milk together.
- Brown ground meat, just before done add onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper.
- Saute until vegetables or tender.
- Put about 2 tbsp (30 ml). of oil into a large cast iron skillet or comparable size pan.
- Pour in half of batter.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Pour the other half of batter on top.
- Bake until done.