Beer Drinker's Crab Salad
- Slightly salty, crunchy imitation crab salad
- Lisa Branam
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 pounds, approx.
- 1 lb (.5 kg). imitation crab
- 1 small or 1/2 medium green or yellow zucchini
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 3 stalks celery
- mayonnaise to desired consistency
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced garlic from jar
- white pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). celery seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml). to 2 tsp (10 ml) Wiley's Corn Boil (found at Wal-Mart)
- 1/2 can white corn
- Finely dice zucchini, green onion, yellow onion, celery.
- Add garlic and stir.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, pepper, celery seed and corn boil (Careful with the corn boil, it's very salty.
- )Mix two bowls together.
- Crumble crab so only 2 - 5 strands stay together and mix with above mixture.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Corn can be added with vegetables.
- The corn boil gives this dish a slightly salty and buttery taste, basically goes good with a cold beer. Please enjoy!