Death By Chocolate Cookies
- Baker's Chocolate, Susan
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 dozen
- 2 pkgs. (16 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg.) of the chocolate; set aside.
- Microwave remaining 8 squares in a large microwave bowl on High 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in reserved chopped chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool on cookie sheet one minute.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- To die for cookies.