- Breadsmith: Veggie Life Magazine
- 1 cup (225 ml) unbleached white flour
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- 2 large eggs, or egg replacer
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1 cup (225 ml) plain soy or nonfat milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sunflower oil
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.) and lightly spray an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in cranberries and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey, and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.