- Cake/bar with cherries, coconut and chocolate
- 1 cup (225 ml) self raising flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 100 g. butter or margarine
- 100 g. crushed Marie biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) desiccated coconut
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 packet chopped glace cherries
- 150 g. cooking chocolate
- 30 g. copha
- Melt the butter and combine the sugar, sifted flour and cocoa, and crushed biscuits.
- Spread into a lamington tin and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix together the coconut, condensed milk and chopped glace cherries, and spread evenly onto the base.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Melt the cooking chocolate and copha together and spread over the cooled slice.
- Cut into squares when the chocolate is set.
- Copha is a solid fat that is derived from the coconut.