Best Chocolate Cake Frosting
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). box confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) toasted chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Combine confectioner's sugar, nuts and in mixing bowl.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add to confectioner's sugar mixture with remaining buttermilk and vanilla extract; blend thoroughly.
- Immediately pour frosting over the cake, spreading evenly to edges.
- Let cake cool completely in pan.
- This frosting recipe goes with the Best Chocolate Cake recipe. From Bon Appetite archives.