- 2 large cantalopes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced and rinds
- 1 can, #2 1/2 size, pineapple tidbits, drained
- sugar, the same amount as fruit
- 1 small bottle maraschino cherries
- Combine all ingredients except the cherries.
- Cook over low heat until thick, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Quarter cherries and add for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- To test for doneness, take a tbsp full from the pan and place in the freezer for a few minutes.
- If it is thick, it is done.
- Immediately ladle into hot, sterile jars and seal.