- Mint and Bourbon cooler
- William Bohannon
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bruised whole mint leaves and stalks (no roots or dirt please)
- 12 oz (336 grm). Kentucky Bourbon (must be Bourbon Not Whiskey)
- Heat sugar and water in nonreactive sauce pan until simmering and thoroughly dissolved.
- Add fresh mint leaves and remove from heat.
- Let cool to room temperature and then strain.
- Fill tall "Collins" glasses with ice cubes or crushed ice.
- Add 1 oz (28 grm). syrup to each glass.
- Add 2 oz (56 grm). bourbon to each glass.
- Stir gently and garnish with more mint.
- After the first batch of these you will know exactly what ratio of syrup to bourbon that you prefer.
I suggest you drink at least 2 batches before you alter the recipe. :)