Lobster and Avocado Salad from The Lobster in SM
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked lobster meat (bite-size chunks)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Halve the avocados and remove the seeds; scoop out pulp and dice into bite-size pieces.
- Combine the lobster, chopped celery, and avocado chunks in large bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice, mayonnaise, pepper sauce and salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Pour over the lobster mixture and toss gently.
- When ready to serve:
- Spoon mixture over beds of lettuce on small plates.
- Top with egg slices.
- This may help you a little. I have been making it since 1969. Add whatever you like to this.
Just about anything works well. Sometimes, rather than serving it over the lettuce, I reserve the
avocado shells and fill them with the lobster mixture. I have even used chicken in place of the
lobster for people that can't eat shell fish.