- Richly glazed crisped roasted potatoes with tender insides and spiked with herbs!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 12-16 small creamer red potatoes OR
- 12-16 small fingerling potatoes OR
- 5-8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes OR
- 7-10 large red potatoes OR
- 5-8 plain Russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) rich chicken stock
- Sea Salt and Coarse Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh herbs, chopped; such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, dill or any combination or your choice. OR
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried herbs in place of the fresh chopped herbs.
- Scrub and rinse the potatoes.
- Using a strong dinner fork or a closer tined meat fork, scratch/dig out deeper lines into the flesh of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl pour the chicken stock over them and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the olive oil over them well.
- Right away you will add the sea salt and black pepper and toss.
- Next, add the herbs of your choice.. you can add more if you desire.
- Toss and cover the potatoes in the herbs.
- Put the herb coated potatoes into a 9 inch x 13 inch baking/roasting pan on top of a tin foil lining for ease of clean-up or directly into the pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.. depends on the size and density of potatoes you use.
- For a special treat if you are serving a pork roast or chops, omit the salt and herbs chicken stock, but use sauerkraut juice and caraway seeds with a touch of brown sugar mixed into the juice. It is a favorite of my famiy!
Editors note: This recipe has so many variables in the quantities that this program can't handle using its doubling or tripleing function. You're on your own this time. If you do use that feature, it will only double the first of the to amounts (i.e. 12 - 16 potatoes) so go by that number.