- Christine L. Allrecipes.com
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) wild rice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) honey
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (225 ml) seedless red grapes, halved
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) toasted, chopped pecans
- Place broth in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain excess liquid, cover and let cool.
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, and honey in a small bowl until honey is dissolved.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooled rice in a salad bowl, along with kiwi, red grapes and pecans.
- Add dressing, and gently toss.
- This recipe is similar to the one you requested.
It would be very easy to add chicken to this recipe and to use cashews instead of pecans. If you don't like kiwis, apples or pineapple would be a good substitution