Buttery Baking Powder Biscuits
- Biscuits made with butter
- Prickly Pear
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttermilk
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Cut in butter.
- Pour in buttermilk and knead very lightly for about a minute.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut out with biscuit cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet or in 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- I have been making this recipe since I was 13 years old. I also have a recipe that is a combination biscuit and roll that I developed called: "Biscarolls" which incorporates the use of yeast, but are quick and easy to make.