Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) marjoram leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) red pepper
- 16 oz (448 grm). cream cheese
- Saute onions in margarine.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Bring to boil, cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Puree in blender, adding cream cheese until smooth.
- Return to pot and heat through--Do not allow to boil.