- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening (Crisco)
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) cake flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml). almond extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- Cream together butter and shortening.
- Add sugar and continue to cream until perfectly smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended.
- Add cake flour a little at a time.
- Slowly add milk, then flavorings.
- Add baking powder last.
- Grease and flour a large bundt pan.
- Pour cake batter into pan and place in a cold oven.
- Turn temperature to 325 degrees (175 C.) or 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Do not jar cake or remove from oven too soon.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Freezes well.