- A crust that you can make in a processor or by hand.
- Tammy Condit
Serves/Makes:2 double 9" crusts
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) butter OR
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter and 3/4 cup (175 ml) crisco
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, heaping
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) cold water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- Cut butter into flour until mixture resembles crumbs--can do this in a food processor.
- Combine egg, salt, water and vinegar.
- Sprinkle over crumbs until mixture holds together-or forms a ball in the processor.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 4 equal balls.
- Roll out each and place in pie pans; flute edges.
- Use what you need ans freeze the rest.
- Pie crusts can be frozen up to 1 month.
- You may freeze the dough before rolling out if desired.