Prickly Pears "Biscarolls"
- This recipe is a hybrid of biscuits and rolls.
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:1 dozen depending on size cut
- 4 cups (950 ml) sifted flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt (I use sea salt)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) granulated yeast
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) milk
- Mix dry ingredients, then cut in butter--should resemble coarse meal.
- Add milk.
- Knead by machine 30 to 60 seconds (or by hand 1 to 2 minutes).
- Roll to 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick, cut out, place on 9x13" pan or jelly roll pan (11x15")sprayed with PAM.
- Let rise in warm place until almost doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- I have always loved making biscuits and rolls, but the biscuits weren't light enough to suit my taste and rolls take more time. Therefore I came up with the above recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have.