- types of briskets
- water to just cover meat cut.
- beef brisket
- vegetables, optional
- Place meat in large pot or crock pot.
- Cover with water, add seasonings, and cover pot.
- Cook over low heat.
- I would give about 40 minutes per pound.
- Be creative, you can add vegetables when the meat is close to done.
- Keep a close watch on this--if cooked over a stove instead of a crock pot, you may have to keep adding water if the water evaporates.
- Corned is a processing of the brisket cut. I would think that if the meat came with a packet of seasoning that it would be corned. The package should say, if it doesn't corned beef looks more grainy and processed. Either type of brisket should be cooked with moist heat method.