- A Wonderful Winter Entree
- Chef Depot.net
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 2 lg. pheasant, dressed and quartered
- 1 oz (28 grm). Chef Depot Wild Game Seasonings (or Cajun Seasonings)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 16 oz (448 grm). onion, large dice
- 16 oz (448 grm). celery, large dice
- 16 oz (448 grm). carrots, large dice
- 2 pc. garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken stock
- 2 oz (56 grm). rice
- cornstarch and water, as needed
- Chef Depot Wild Game Seasonings, as needed (or Cajun Seasonings)
- salt and white pepper, as needed
- fresh thyme sprigs
- Cut each pheasant into four (breast and wing, leg and thigh pieces), rub it with Chef Depot Wild Game Seasonings (or Cajun Seasonings)and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Cut all vegetables into a large dice, reserve.
- In a heavy sauce pot heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil until very hot, add pheasant and brown it well, turning often remove from pot.
- Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil, onions and garlic, cook until onions are transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a minute, add the rice and chicken stock and boil.
- Add the pheasant, return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pheasant is tender (at least 30 minutes, longer for tough birds).
- Remove pheasant meat from the bones and return to stew.
- Thicken with a little cornstarch and water, stirring constantly.
- Taste the stew and adjust with salt and white pepper.
- A perfect garnish is fresh thyme sprigs!
- Serve with french bread and chardonnay!
Chef s Note: This recipe works equally as well on a nice roasting chicken.
Please visit ChefDepot.net for high quality cooking supplies at the lowest prices.
Visit us today!
Recipe Courtesy of www.chefdepot.net