- Something a little different
- me and my cousin
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 6 apples, quartered, cored, then cut in half
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). white grapes, seedless
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). red grapes, seedless
- 1 can pineapple chunks, save the juice
- 1 jar cherries, pits removed
- 4 oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut in half
- 4 bananas, cut to 1/4 inch slices, soak in pineapple juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 a bag mini marshmellows
- 1 can 7-up (lemon-lime) soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- Cut-up fruits as directed above (save the pineapple juice after use on bananas).
- Gently toss fruits together in a larger bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the orange juice, pineapple juice and 7-up.
- Pour juice mixture over the fruit making sure it all gets wet.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour to chill.
- This recipe was thrown together by me and my cousin Joey one year at a family reunion. Kids love it and it makes a great snack on hot days. If you enjoy it please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org