Hamburger Beef Stroganoff
- One dish beef noodle stroganoff
- Heather Cook
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). hamburger
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can beef consomme (not broth)
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can cream of mushroom soup (low fat ok)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream (low fat is ok)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). each black pepper and seasoning salt
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In large skillet, brown hamburger with onions; drain.
- Add to hamburger mixture the soups and seasonings, stirring to combine.
- Simmer over medium heat 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning adjustments.
- Add egg noodles and simmer over low heat until of desired consistency.
- This is an easy to make, hearty, family dish. My mother passed it on to me. She always served it with green beans and garlic bread. I add more mushrooms with the onions when I make it; just a matter of preference.