- No egg vanilla ice cream
- Heather Cook
Serves/Makes:Not sure, came with 2 qt frzr
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) half and half
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). vanilla extract
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- rock salt
- Scald milk until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and salt, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in half and half, vanilla extract and whipping cream.
- Pour into ice cream can, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Process in freezer using layers of chopped ice and rock salt until motor stops, no more than 50 minutes.
- This came with my 2 qt freezer. It doesn't give serving sizes. Remember to only fill the can half full, as the mixture expands during the churning process. Yum!