Squids stuffed w/the Marmelade of Onion and Lemon
- Recipes with Confit d'oignon
- Philippe Raynaud
- 12 squids.
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of marmalade of onion, with lemon or original
- 3-1/2 ounces of stale bread
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 cluster of parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme
- 2 yolks, 1 glass of milk
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Let the bread soak in the milk.
- Add the marmalade of onion.
- Add the tomatoes grossly cut.
- 2/3 Add of the mixed parsley, salt, season with pepper.
- Fill the squids and keep them shut with a tooth-pick.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry quickly the squids on a hot flame, then slow down, add the white wine, the thyme, and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the third part of the mixed parsley.
- Let it cook for another 3 minutes, but keep stirring.
- Serve as a "hot entree" with a tomatoe sauce, or as a main menu - with rice. WELL DONE !!!
Here is a tasty recipe with jam of onion drawn from my French
gastronomic website http://www.lesdelices.com
Philippe Raynaud, Les Delices de Daubenton, 75005 Paris