How to make extract(example, vanilla extract).
- Mrs. Wiggs
- 1 liter vodka
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 small bottle pure vanilla
- Put vodka in large bowl or measuring cup.
- Cut vanilla beans in half length-wise.
- Scrape inside of vanilla bean and put in vodka.
- Put bean pods in vodka.
- Microwave vodka until hot, stirring a few times.
- Return vodka to original bottle.
- Add small bottle of pure vanilla to vodka mixture (This speeds up the curing time).
- Age this for a couple of weeks. It will keep forever, just shake it up every month or so. A cup of it makes a good gift to friends that bake. It's expensive to make initially but it flavors better than anything and makes enough to last for years.