Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Stir fried Chicken and Broccoli
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless chicken breast, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 cluster of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 small onion (Vidalia is nice but not necessary)
- 1/2 bottled chili sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grape jelly (or apricot or raspberry or whatever)
- 1/2 (or to taste) red pepper
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can of pineapple chunks
- 1 tsp (5 ml). olive oil
- cooking spray
- cooked rice
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray; add olive oil.
- Heat pan; add chicken, cooking until no longer pink.
- Add broccoli and onion, cook for about 4 mins, until broccoli starts to turn bright green.
- In small bowl, combine chili sauce, grape jelly and red pepper.
- Add to chicken and broccoli.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple; cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.