- YaaZooo! Only for the strong of heart. A coffee drink that packs a BIG punch!
Serves/Makes:1 2/3 quarts
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) cold water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) richest instant coffee
- 2 cups (475 ml) of hot water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) glycerine
- 1 quart (950 ml) of a quality vodka
- Dissolve sugar and cold water over low heat, cool and add vanilla.
- Mix the instant coffee with the hot water and add to the sugar-vanilla water mix.
- Add the glycerine and vodka, mix well and chill.
- Pour into decanter(s) or into a large jug and let rest in a cool dark place (refriderator is okay if you don't have a cool dark place in the summer) for at least three days before serving.
- Serve "as is" in a cup, or place in an ice filled glass, or in a clear mug with a big dollop of whipped cream and some mocha dust sprinkled on top.
- We make these in the fall when we go to the Notre Dame football games. I personally like to add it to a big ol' hot chocolate for the BEST mocha in the world.