- A creamy chicken soup
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter or margarine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light cream
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) fine chopped cooked chicken
- In saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
- Blend in flour, then stir in milk, light cream and chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in finely chopped cooked chicken and dash of pepper.
- Return soup to boiling and serve immediately.