- Another easy to make, throw-it-in-the-oven and forget-it-until-dinner dish.
- Linda Weissert
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). beef brisket, lean
- garlic salt, to taste
- McCormick's Hot Shot, to taste
- 1 lb (.5 kg). dark brown sugar
- 1/2 jar honey mustard
- 2 bottles Heinz chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Tear off two sheets of extra wide, heavy duty aluminum foil long enough to encase the brisket lengthwise and to seal.
- Place brisket onto foil and sprinkle both sides of meat with garlic salt and Hot Shot.
- Slather both sides of brisket with honey mustard.
- Pat the brown sugar on both sides of brisket.
- Pour BOTH bottles of chili sauce over the brisket and then seal the foil all around.
- Bake 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove brisket from foil and place on platter.
- Pour sauce into a bowl.
- Slice the meat against the grain and serve with the sauce.
- Another good brisket recipe to throw in the oven on Sunday and still have the afternoon to enjoy with the family instead of in the kitchen. This is good leftover for dinner during the week and good for barbecue sandwiches. One of the family's favorites.