- I had this at a restaurant back in the mid-80's and developed my own recipe. Here it is.
- Linda Weissert
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sliced almonds or cashews
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vidalia onion, diced finely
- 1 cup (225 ml) seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/3 cup (80 ml) Kraft or Hellman's mayonnaise
- dried tarragon, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, optional
- croissants, optional
- cooked bacon, optional
- Mix together chicken, celery, nuts, onion and grapes, set aside.
- Mix mayonnasise and lemon juice.
- Mix salad and dressing lightly and season with tarragon, salt and pepper.
- If salad is a little dry add a bit more mayo and lemon juice.
- Serve with slices of avacado sprinkled with lemon juice or on croissants with avacado slices and crisp bacon strips.
- Light, refreshing and very satisfying.