- A wonderful Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish. I adapted this from my Aunt Anna's version by adding the orange.
- Linda Weissert
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh cranberries (Be careful! A bag of cranberries is NOT a pound anymore!)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 can flaked coconut
- 3 oranges
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- 2 cups (475 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 8 oz (224 grm). Cool Whip
- Chop cranberries in a food processor, pour into large bowl and mix with sugar.
- Let sit overnight.
- The next day zest the rind of the 3 oranges and then cut the oranges in half like a grapefruit.
- Cut the orange halves as if you were sectioning a grapefruit and remove the orange sections.
- Mix the cranberries, orange zest, orange sections, coconut, pecans and marshmallows.
- Fold in Cool Whip lightly.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Tart and sweet and refreshingly light.