- An Austrian original, this cream cheese mixture is zesty with the flavors of onion, anchovy, mustard, and caraway.
- Bronco Fan Peek
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 cups
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soft margarine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) anchovy paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) prepared mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) capers, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) caraway seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- French or pumpernickel bread
- Combine softened cream cheese and margarrine, mixing until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Serve with French or pumpernickle bread.
For a make-your-own appetizer arrangement, omit onion, anchovy paste and capers. Surround the spread with bowls of chopped onion, chives, anchovies and capers. Serve with assorted breads and crackers; let your guests make their own appetizers.
Great NCAA or NFL Football weekend munching food!
Kraft Family Reunion Cookbook, celebrating 75 years in 1977