Susie Morton's Eggplant Casserole
- Eggplant! The burliest of men with picky, picky palates will like!
- Bronco Fan Peek
- 1 medium eggplant
- salt water
- 3 to 4 ripe tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 10 oz (280 grm).can chedder cheese soup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) light cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- garlic salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- Peel eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Soak in salt water for 15 minutes; drain.
- Cook in a small amount of boiling water until not quite tender.
- Put drained eggplant in a casserole or baking dish.
- Cover with tomato slices and onion slices.
- Combine with tomato slices and onion slices.
- Combine soup and cream and pour over top.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 20 to 30 minutes until casserole is piping hot and cheese is bubbling.
- Great NCAA or NFL Football weekend munching food!
Craig Morton was the quarterback before John Elway came on the scene for the Broncos.
Recipe taken from:
The Complete NFL Cookbook. Compiled by Hyla O'Connor
Libary of Congress Catalog Number 81-81901