Pork Chop and Rice Casserole
- The flavors are wonderful. I was reluctant to try this, and now it is a family favorite.
- S. Chokel
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 6 nice thick pork chops
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fat (bacon fat is excellent choice)
- 2 green peppers, sliced in rings
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- Boil rice in slat water and drain.
- Brown pork chops slightly in fat.
- Place browned chops in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add a layer of green pepper rings, add rice and top with another layer of sliced green peppers.
- Pour the tomato soup, which has been diluted with the 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water, over the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 40 minutes.
Add a thinly sliced sweet onion to the layers for a delicious accent.
Sprinkle with grated Jack and Cheddar cheese the last 15 minutes or so of cooking if you like.