- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). thin-sliced pepperoni, slices cut in half
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 quarts)
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into thin slices
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 oz (224 grm). feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- In a large frying pan, cook the pepperoni over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the oil slowly, whisking.
- Add the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, olives, cheese, and pepperoni and toss to coat.