- Ashley Attree
- 3 cups (700 ml) fresh red raspberries
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced, peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). ground ginger
- 5 cups (1175 ml) soft white bread cubes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter (melted)
- whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, and ginger.
- Add berries, peaches and their juices, toss to coat.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) of bread cube, toss gently till combined.
- Transfer filling to an ungreased baking pan.
- For topping, place the remaining bread cubes in a large bowl, drizzle with the melted butter, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle topping over the fruit filling.
- Bake in a 375 degree (200 C.) over for about 30 min. or until the filling is tender and the bread is golden brown.
- If desired, serve warm with whipped cream.
- Easy and yet so gratifing! Enjoy!