- Best rib roast and easy
- Doris Peinert
Serves/Makes:15 or more large servings
- 1 rib roast (7 lbs (3.2 kg). to 10 lbs (4.5 kg).) boned or not boned
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). onion powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml). celery salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Mix spices together and rub on roast.
- Bake for 1 Hour and turn off oven and let stand for four hours--Do not open the oven door.
- Insert meat thermometer and set oven at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake 1 hour to 40 minutes till thermometer reaches desired temperature.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- This was a special treat when my mother-in-law fixed this for the holidays.