- I. Clapham
Serves/Makes:1 8 inch cake
- 5 oz (140 grm). butter or margarine
- 5 oz (140 grm). caster sugar (it's a fine sugar)
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz (224 grm). self-rising flour
- few drops of lemon essence
- thin slices of Citron peel (optional)
- Cream fat and sugar.
- Beat in lightly whisked eggs with a little flour.
- Add essence, then fold in the remaining flour.
- Place mixture in a greased 7-8 in cake tin.
- Bake in a moderate over; 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 1 1/4 hours. Place peel on top after half an hour in oven.
- Taken from Bero Flour Recipe Book - 37th edition (British)
In the recipe it gives 5 oz. as 125 g and 8 oz. as 200 g.
I suppose as long as one or the other weight is used and mixed weights are not, then the recipe should be o.k.