- Laura and Jay's Mom
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp (10 ml) crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Warm the garlic and olive oil to blend the flavors, but do not brown the garlic.
- In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil and garlic mixture, then into the bread and cheese mixture.
- Place in in a shallow ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- This can be served wonderfully with your favorite Pasta and Marina Sauce.
One of our family's favorites is to use this chicken cut into nice sized chunks tossed into a tossed greens salad with tomatoes, red onions, black olives, green peppers and radishes with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of cooked and chilled cheese tortellini. We like to use a homemade Sweetened Balsamic Viniagrette, but a tomato based dressing would also be excellent. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, toasted pine nuts, and fresh grated parmesan cheese for a zippy and fancy dancy flair if you like.