- A "custard" version of regular bread pudding.
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) warm milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- Maple syrup on the side
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Butter a deep dish 9 inch pie plate or 9 inch square pan.
- GENEROUSLY butter one side of bread.
- Cut in half to make triangles.
- Arrange triangles, buttered side up, in prepared dish.
- In bowl, beat eggs well.
- Add milk, sugar & vanilla; beat together.
- Stir in raisins.
- Slowly pour over bread, making sure all bread is well soaked.
- Bake 45 minutes or until custard has set.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
- A quickly prepared, pleasant tasting dish that can be served as a dessert or even for breakfast.