- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspooon salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, oats, and apple butter.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture along with the milk; beat until blended.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Chill well and drop by tspfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Freeze baked cookies in tins or freezer bags for the months ahead.
Taken from the internet website Chef2Chef at: