- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ginger
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) apple butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (the first 7 ingredients) and make a well in the center.
- In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (the next 6 ingredients).
- Pour wet mixture into the "well" of the dry ingredients and stir just to combine (10-15 strokes).
- Fold in raisins with as few strokes as possible.
- Spoon batter into muffin 12 cups (2825 ml) (if you don't use muffin liners, spray the pan with cooking spray).
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to cooling rack and cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin--Do *not* let muffins cool completely in the tin.
- Recipe By: Jenni Miller, From: Johnnye Tamaru
Recipe taken from Chef2Chef internet website at: