- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) light cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ground nutmeg, (Submitter's note; I wouldn't use more than 1/8th cup of nutmeg, I believe this is a typo.)
- 1 9 inch premade unbaked pie shell with a high fluted edge
- In a large mixing bowl mix sugar with flour.
- Gradually stir in the apple butter and melted butter.
- In a separate smaller bowl beat eggs with milk and cream.
- Then turn into the apple butter mixture.
- After well mixed, pour into the pastry lined pie pan.
- Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Contributor ChiliDog's Kitchen http://umn.edu/~fine0015
Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Chef2Chef internet website at: