Smoked Turkey with Apple Butter on Raisin Toast
- Oh my! Does this ever sound deliciously different! I can't wait to try this and put it on the tried and true list in my kitchen!
- 40 slices raisin bread, toasted
- 20 oz (560 grm). apple butter
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). smoked turkey breast, sliced thin
- 20 oz (560 grm). sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 20 pieces leaf lettuce
- For each sandwich:
- Spread both slices of raisin toast with 1/2 ounce of apple butter.
- On bottom slice, layer 4 ounces of smoked turkey, and 1 ounce of cheddar cheese.
- Broil bottom half to melt cheese.
- Top with lettuce leaf and second slice of bread.
- Place a frilled toothpick in each side and cut in half diagonally.
- Note: A nice brunch menu item. Recipe developed by Sara Lee Refrigerated Foods.
- Recipe taken 08/28/01 from the National Turkey Federation internet website at: