Serves/Makes:24 or more bars
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 16 oz (448 grm). apple butter
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, oats, nuts and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Spread half the mixture over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Spread apple butter over the layer, then sprinkle remaining oat mixture over top.
- Press down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan.
- Cut into bars.
- Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Vernalisa's Festive Fall Fun Page For All internet website at: