Serves/Makes:12 or more slices
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) unbleached flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) Musselman's Apple Butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark raisins
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) confectioners' sugar
- Combine the flours and baking soda, and stir to mix well.
- Add the apple butter and egg whites, stir to mix well.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Coat a 12 cups (2825 ml) bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes, or just until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Then invert onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sift the confectioners' sugar over the top, slice and serve.
- Nutritional Facts (per serving):
Calories are 146, Fiber is 2gm, Fat is 0.6gm, Calcium is 12mg, Protein is 2.9gm, Potassium is 185mg, Cholesterol is 0mg, Iron is 1.1mg, Sodium is 111mg.
Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Knouse Foods' "From the Core" internet website at: