Big Dutch Pancakes With Little Berries
- A Dutch Baby Pancake is an impressive, yet easy to make, way to start your morning.
- 1 cup (225 ml) strawberries, halved
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract confectioner's sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- In a medium bowl combine all the berries; set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in flour and sugar and beat until well mixed, set aside.
- Cut butter into pats and place in an 8" square baking pan.
- While you are mixing the batter, put the pan in oven for 2 minutes until butter is melted and pan is very hot.
- Pour batter into hot pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and brown on top.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve along with berries.
- Note from [Website]: A Dutch Baby Pancake is an impressive, yet easy to make, way to start your morning. It puffs up big and fluffy. This particular recipe, by Joni Schaper of Lancaster, California, was a finalist in the 1997 California Strawberry Festival's Berry Off cooking contest.
Recipe taken on 08/28/01 from www.FabulousFoods.com internet website at: