- Sorghum is loaded with nutrition, it is the finest lightest Molasses flavor. Truly a taste delight!
Serves/Makes:3 1/2 dozen
- 3 cups (700 ml) butter-flavored shortening
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sorghum (molasses)
- 4 eggs
- 8 cups (1900 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plus 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ginger
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add molasses and eggs; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and ginger.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 1/4 Shape cupfuls of dough into balls; roll in tops in sugar.
- Place four cookies on a greased baking sheet at a time.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 18-20 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Recipe taken on 08/28/01 from the Muddy Pond Inn Bed & Breakfast website at: