Serves/Makes:40 small pieces
- 1 cup (225 ml) margarine or butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 3 cups (700 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking powder
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Cream margarine and sugar together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except pie filling, and stir well.
- Grease and flour a jelly roll pan.
- 3/4 Spread of the batter on the pan.
- Spread the pie filling on top.
- Dot the remainder of the batter, by tbsp on top of the filling.
- Pull batter on top together.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When cool, cut into about 40 pieces.
- You can substitute blueberry or pineapple pie filling if so desired.
Recipe taken on 08/28/01 from the 2001 Amish-recipes.com website at: