- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) ice
- 1 quart-size resealable bag
- 1 gallon-size resealable bag
- In the quart-size resealable bag, combine sugar and buttermilk.
- Seal the bag.
- In the gallon size resealable bag, combine salt and ice.
- Insert the smaller bag into the larger one and seal, letting all the air out.
- Shake continuously for 5 minutes.
- When buttermilk stiffens, remove the small bag and dip into cold water to remove salt from the outside of the bag.
- Freeze or serve immediately.
- To serve, open bag and scoop out sorbet.
- Copyright, 2001, Joey Altman. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved